Telefon ve e-posta Desteği
Sıkça Sorulan Sorular
Yazarlar İçin Teknik Bilgiler
İletişim Bilgileri
Ana Sayfaya Dönüş
 

Kongre Takvimi
Buradaki bilgiler JournalAgent™ online dergicilik sisteminden alınmaktadır.

The Anatolian Journal of Cardiology

[Anatol J Cardiol]
Anatol J Cardiol. 2017; 18(2): 136-141 | DOI: 10.14744/AnatolJCardiol.2017.7659  

Clinical impact and efficacy of bedside echocardiography on patient management in pediatric intensive care units (PICUs): A prospective study

Sanliay Şahin1, Mutlu Uysal Yazıcı3, Ganime Ayar1, Tülin Köksal1, İbrahim İlker Çetin2, Filiz Ekici2, Abdullah Kocabaş2
1Department of Pediatric Intensive Care, Ankara Children’s, Hematology Oncology Education and Research Hospital; Ankara-Turkey
2Department of Cardiology Division, Ankara Children’s, Hematology Oncology Education and Research Hospital; Ankara-Turkey
3Department of Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Hacettepe University İhsan Doğramacı Children’s Hospital; Ankara-Turkey

Objective: To determine the indication and necessity of echocardiographic assessment and therapeutic interventions in critically ill children.
Methods: A total of 140 children, including 75 mechanically ventilated (MV) and 65 spontaneously breathing (SB) children, who were admitted consecutively from March to August 2013 were evaluated prospectively. Data regarding the indication for echocardiography and therapeutic approaches used were documented. For evaluating disease severity, the Pediatric Risk of Mortality Score III (PRISM) was ascertained. The correlation between PRISM score and the requirement of echocardiographic evaluations were analyzed.
Results: Patients ages were between 45 days to 18 years. The male-to-female ratio was 1.33. In 35.4% patients who underwent echocardiographic evaluation, no definitive alteration occurred in treatment approach, whereas in the remaining 64.6% patients, decisive or supplemental information was gathered. Echocardiography was indicated in 88% MV children and 46.2% SB children. Echocardiographic evaluation was necessary in MV children and there was a positive correlation between the PRISM score and the requirement of echocardiographic assessment (p<0.001).
Conclusion: Echocardiographic evaluation is an invaluable tool especially in MV children and the requirement of echocardiographic assessment increases according to clinical severity. Basic training for intensivists in this procedure is crucial and needs to be improved and supported in critically ill.

Keywords: critically ill children, echocardiography, intensivist, mechanical ventilation, pediatric intensive care unit, training


Sanliay Şahin, Mutlu Uysal Yazıcı, Ganime Ayar, Tülin Köksal, İbrahim İlker Çetin, Filiz Ekici, Abdullah Kocabaş. Clinical impact and efficacy of bedside echocardiography on patient management in pediatric intensive care units (PICUs): A prospective study. Anatol J Cardiol. 2017; 18(2): 136-141

Sorumlu Yazar: Sanliay Şahin, Türkiye


ARAÇLAR
Tam Metin PDF
Yazdır
Alıntıyı İndir
RIS
EndNote
BibTex
Medlars
Procite
Reference Manager
E-Postala
Paylaş
Yazara e-posta gönder

Benzer makaleler
PubMed
Google Scholar




 

 
 

Online Kongre Hizmetleri
Kongre Web Sitesi
Bildiri Özeti Toplama ve Değerlendirme
Online Kayıt ve Konaklama
Elektronik Poster (e-poster)
Video Podcast, WebCast
Bilimsel Program Düzenleyici
Bildiri Özeti ve Tam Metin CD'leri
 

Online Kurumsal Hizmetler
Dernekler İçin Web Siteleri
Hakemli Dergiler İçin Online Makale Toplama
   ve Değerlendirme

Uluslararası Dizin Danışmanlığı
PubMed®, LinkOut® Hizmetleri
Online Çalışma Grupları
 

Referans
Çalıştığımız Online Hakemli Dergiler
Destek Verdiğimiz Kongreler
Yazarlar İçin Teknik Bilgiler

İletişim
Bize Ulaşın
LookUs

 
 
1999 - 2019 © LookUs Scientific

Bu sitede sözü edilen uygulamalara ait teknoloji, uygulama metodu, ekran görünüşleri; ticari marka, ticari görünüm, kanun dışı rekabet ve başka kanunlarca; yerel ve uluslararası copyright düzenlemeleri ile korunmuştur. Site üzerindeki herhangi bir metin ve imaj LookUs Bilişim Hizmetleri Ltd.'nin açık ve net izni olmadan kopyalanamaz veya dağıtılamaz.
Metinler ve şekiller içinde geçen gerçek şirket ve ürün adları, ilgili firmaların ticari markaları olabilir.